So another year has gone by and it's time to start planning her next party. How about a Hello Kitty birthday party? This is a tried and true favorite, and we get so many requests for a Hello Kitty tutu and top outfit. I remember as a kid being obsessed with Hello Kitty. If I had been given a Hello Kitty party, I would have probably really freaked out. Decades later, I'm surprised how much little girls still love her and that the fad hasn't worn off.
There are actually quite a few variations to the iconic Hello Kitty this day and age. I've seen her with different colored hair bows, eye glasses, flower in lieu of bow, etc. I think if you want to keep the party's colors uniform, you'd be safe with using white and pink, or white, pink and red as the main color foundation.
Here are 5 Hello Kitty Parties for Girls I've found that will rock her world:
1. Our friends over at Bird's Party have a great blog post about this super cool Hello Kitty inspired party. I couldn't help but initially being drawn the tutu table skirt for the cake. Simply attach a white tutu to a cake stand and tie a pretty red ribbon around the top or you can hot glue a ribbon in place if need be. Bird's Party also offers some pretty awesome party printables, including labels and food tags that will really make the tablescape come to life. Your little party guests will love reading all the labeled goodies on the table.
2. MKR Creations created a fabulous Hello Kitty party including the rice krispies, marshallow and cake pops, chocolate covered caramel apples, goody bags and printed labels.
3. I’m loving the party Frosted Events created for this theme. Aren’t those cake pops incredible?
4. “Hello Hazel” from Catch My Party put together probably one of the most stunning Hello Kitty parties I’ve seen. I love how she put the unexpected blue into the theme, and those floating tissue pom poms are divine!
5. Simply Iced C put a different twist on Hello Kitty with colors in pastel pink and yellow. Again, a bit unexpected but I simply adore this look. It’s really light and airy and would be super sweet for a spring or summer party or even a first birthday. I can see the birthday girl sporting a ballet pink and lemon yellow tutu – oooh so pretty!
It's easy to tell how much attention to detail was put into all the lovely parties. I think first things first... pick a color theme or certain look you're going for (light and airy, bold and modern, or classic and traditional). Once you get that part figured out, start looking around the internet for ideas. Pinterest is a great site to look at for party ideas. Gather up all your supplies, including plates, dishes, cake plates, etc. that will enhance the party. Don't forgot to dress up the main table to display all the goodies, including some great printables that will show all your guests how much thought was put into the party planning.
Then comes her outfit - a Hello Kitty top and tutu would be ideal or a nice skirt. Take lots of pictures before the party starts when everything is neat and perfectly arranged, and when your girl is totally clean and manicured. When the guests arrive, relax and have fun. Be prepared to get loads of compliments on all your hard work. Then you'll know how much everything paid off.Angela S