One of the main jobs for the flower girl is to throw petals on the aisle before the bride starts her walk. It’s certainly not required to have a flower girl but guests take great joy observing the cuteness, not to mention how proud the little girl usually feels. It’s such an honor!
1. Flower Girl Basket –This adorable and rustic basket is not your everyday flower girl basket but it’s probably one of the cutest I've seen. I like it because it’s simple and love the painted text on the wood, “Here Comes the Bride.” This particular seller loves custom orders and you can order this basket plain with no text or choose another saying. If you want the child to keep the basket as a keepsake, a fun idea would be to order it with her name personalized on the front and the wedding date on the back.
2. Wedding Flag – What a unique prop for a flower girl or ring bearer!
The flag can be personalized in custom colors with the bride and groom's initials
as well as a short phrase in the front. The flag makes for an awesome photo
prop, and I can only imagine what the guests will think when the ring bearer
or flower girl walks down the aisle holding this item! It really adds a creative
3. Wedding Wagon – I must admit, this concept is totally new to me. When I found this Etsy shop I was in awe. How cute is this? I mean holy cuteness! So think about it, you want to have that special family member or friend’s child in your wedding but she won’t be old enough to walk down the aisle. How can they be included – sit her in a wagon! If you have a ring bearer too young to walk, put him in there with her! Talk about cute and unique. I could only imagine the reaction from the audience. This shop offers different sized wagons in different colors. Another great idea is to tie a sign to the back of the wagon with a cute saying such as, “I Do.” This would be an awesome keepsake to save for the bride and groom’s future children for their own special photo prop or event.
4. Necklace – A necklace isn't too unique but it sure
makes a great gift. She can wear it on the wedding day and afterward too. I
love the packaging that says, “Will You Be Our Flower Girl?” What
a cool way to ask her to be in your wedding, and the packaging itself is a great keepsake. If you’d
rather give her the necklace after you ask her, this shop also offers a packaging
that says, “Thank You for Being Our Flower Girl.”
5. Pearl Bracelet – This handcrafted bracelet is so pretty, you’ll definitely want to give it to her so she can wear it at the wedding. It features ivory pearls and crystals balls and it comes in a pretty damask box ready for gift giving.
All in all, these accessories should enhance the flower girl dress or tutu and entire wedding experience. It’s such an honor to even be asked to be in a wedding so I think it’s important to make it memorable and special.